In February 2018, the Ministry of Education officially approved Beijing Normal University to cooperate with the University of Saskatchewan in Canada to hold a master’s degree program in water security (approval number MOE11CA1A20171870N). The Master of Water Security (MWS) program trains students in science, social science, engineering, health, planning, and policy analysis to investigate complex water security issues of national and international consequence. MWS is a 12-month full-time program in which students earn a Master’s degree from the University of Saskatchewan through courses taken at Beijing Normal University’s campus.
1. Applicants shall support the leadership of the Communist Party of China. They shall have good moral character and abide by discipline and law.
2. First-year university-level mathematics (for example, data management, calculus, and
algebra) and statistics are essential.
3. Applicants shall be in physical health status in line with the state's and our university's physical examination requirements.
4. Proof of English Language Proficiency：
IELTS-Overall score of 6.5 with no score below 6.0
TOEFL- Minimum of 86 with no score below 19
IELTS-Minimum overall score of 6.0,with no score below 5.5
TOEFL-Minimum of 78 with no score below 18
CET6 score above 430 with one English placement test in Beijing and future language training
5. Applicants can be graduates of 2020 or graduates before 2020.
Ⅲ. Apply procedure
Please refer to the attached enrollment brochure and the column of Sino-Canadian Cooperative Master of Water Security Program on the official website of the College of Water Sciences for information of registration and application process.
Application deadline: May 31st, 2020
University of Saskatchewan and Beijing Normal University will jointly review the information of applicants. Applicants will be interviewed by a panel of experts. The place for interview is Beijing. The time for interview is subject to the notice information on the website.
The applicants who meet the application requirements and successfully pass the interview will get the admission letter of this program. For the graduates who are qualified for BNU's interviews for recommended, exam-exempted students of relevant majors and the graduates who have passed the national entrance examination for master's degree candidates and are qualified for interviews, it is eligible for them to apply for this program during their interview and directly have the interview of this program if they are interested.
Ⅵ. Tuition fee
Tuition fee:128,000RMB, around 23700CAD。
When they study in Beijing Normal University, the university will arrange dormitories for them according to the situation. The dormitory fee shall be handled by themselves.
Ⅷ. Language training
Students whose English language scores meet the requirements for conditional qualification for the MWS program will be admitted into a uSask English training course that will be conducted at BNU. Conditionally qualified applicants will need to successfully complete this course before they will be admitted into the MWS program. At BNU, these students will receive a minimum of 200 hours of in-class training from uSask educators and will receive individual coaching. The language training will take place over a maximum of 10 weeks and will cost $5,000 CAD (approximately 26,200 RMB) in tuition, which includes all course materials and textbooks that may be required. The students who successfully complete this accredited English training program will also receive a certificate. We ask students whose English language scores are below the requirements for conditional qualification to please contact email@example.com for further information.
1. Beijing Normal University and University of Saskatchewan will both publicize the information of Sino-Canadian Cooperative Master of Water Security Program on their official websites. Students' registration, interview and proposed admission list can all be checked on the graduate admissions information network of Beijing Normal University (http://yz.bnu.edu.cn), the official website of University of Saskatchewan (https://www.usask.ca/) and the official website of College of Water Sciences, Beijing Normal University (http://cws.bnu.edu.cn). Please pay attention in time.
2. If the Ministry of Education issues a new postgraduate recruitment policy in the year of 2020, our university will make corresponding adjustments and announce them.
3. For the matters not covered above, please visit the official website of the College of Water Sciences (http://cws.bnu.edu.cn) to read relevant content in the column of Sino-Canadian Cooperative Master of Water Security Program.
4. Contact us：
Tel.: (010) 58804198，Email:firstname.lastname@example.org，Office1516, College of Water Sciences, Jingshi Building B
Post code：100875. Information Desk of Beijing Normal University: (010) 58806183
attachment：2020 MWS Brochure